Janko in Metka & Chocholat House

This is new challenge for me and for my readers. My Erasmus friends asked me if I can write something in English, so they can understand. And so challenge is accepted. I checked Google translater at least 4 times so far to check if my spelling is correct and I have to add that my english may not be perfect, because english grammar rules and tenses are not my bigest friends :P. Maybe at the end of this semestre I will be able to write something in Portuguese too, but I have to think about this very wisely, cause everybody says that we won't learn anything in our portuguse course. But this is not the point of this post.

Just some Erasmus students from Vila Real :P


During the weekend Erasmus familiy had a trip to Óbidos. It was the best. On our way we also made a stop in Batalha to check out very cool Monstery.

Details



Our very well informed guide Dorota :P


According to Wikipedia tales the Batalha Monesty was built to thank to the Virgin Mary for the Portuguese victory over the Castilians in 1385, fulfiling a promise of King John I of Potrugal. Inside is a chapel where is the tomb of king João I and his wife Philippa of Lancaster stands under the star vault of the octagon. Their statues lie in full regalia, with clasped hands (expressing the good relations between Portugal and England) and heads resting on a pillow, under elaborately ornamented baldachins. The coats of arms of the Houses of Aviz and Lancaster are put on top of these baldachins. On the cover plate of the tomb are inscribed in repetition the mottos of the king Por bem (For the better) and of the queen Yl me plet (I am pleased).


It's a kind of MAGIC
Milda admires big walls of the Monestery and their details

 After our visit in Batalha we went ahead towards mysterius town Óbidos. Why Óbidos? 

Crowd in Óbidos



The best - Chocolate and Strawberries

In Óbidos was a big festival of Chocolate and I swear I haven't eat that much chocolate at once as I did in that day. And it was very tasty. I think you can envie me that. Even though I felt a little bit sick at the end of the day, but it was worth it ;). On the other hand Óbidos is very colorful town like every town in Portugal I saw so far. And I like this very much, because I think in Slovenia we lost sense for creating colorful, modern houses/buildings (if you imagine our fire station in my town or all those indeed colourful houses in Štajerska region, you will know what I am talking about). I think I could live here :P.


Famous wall around the town

Interesting hook


So much about one of the perfect weekends. Now I have to do some work for my courses and make plans for another perfect weekend full of Portuguese colours. ;)

Priljubljene objave